Re: "Dinosaur Cowboy" film

In a message dated 9/7/2005 5:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ralexander56@sbcglobal.net writes:
<< Reply:  Allan....you've  succintly articulated my
dilemma! (I've majored in film and have a fixation  for
dinosaurs, so the Cope & Marsh saga screenplay
emanated as a way  to meld the two.)  I'm currently in
negotiations with a producer and  entertainment
attorney to secure funding and attachment to the
project.  >>

Well, good luck to you. But I have to ask what kind  of "saga" here has
cinema value. This topic came up on the DML back in 97, I  believe. I thought
it
best as a comedy, actually. Other than Cope's nightmares  from indigestible
food
and his magic trick of whipping out his dentures for the  Indians there's
nothing. Just years and years of two men pissed-off at each  other. Or maybe
those old-fashioned shots of newspaper headines spinning around  to a stop. Or
maybe I'm just an old grouch... DV