Re: "Cowboy Dinosaur" for the masses

In a message dated 9/10/2005 4:23:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
frank@blissnet.com writes:
<< My question is to the list. Didn't one of  the early famous
paleontologists out here have a patch?  I seem to  remember a photo of
someone running around one eyed looking for dinos.  >>

Well, Frank, you can now empathize with our Old  Master, Charles R. Knight.
When he was six one of his little pals threw a rock  which hit his right eye,
doing considerable damage. He wore a patch for a while  and recovered somewhat,
but it has been said that today he would be considered  legally blind as his
other eye wasn't that great either. Amazing that he created  all those
wonderful drawings, paintings and sculptures despite that. Hope all  works well
for
you. DV