From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
frank bliss
Sent: 13 September 2005 21:08
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Meth Addicts Finding, Selling Artrifacts

It is better than them breaking into houses and murdering families like
the guy in Idaho.  Fossils are going to be location specific however.
I know a few collectors (with college degrees) from back in my college
days who are now crack addicts or worse.  It says something about our
society.  Perhaps there is just a proportions of guys who like to get
the kick of finding something, also happen to be meth addicted or even
have a propensity toward substance abuse by archeological wannabes
(maybe paleowannabes too.)  Working stoned, looking for stones while
stoned.  There is a theme there somewhere.  Meth (quite literally) is
one of the worse things to hit the planet since the Cretaceous
impactor.  It is deeply troubling if these types start raising funds by
selling fossils.  The term context will become lost in the haze.
Frank Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming