Re: Solnhofen quarrying pattern

<<Errrrrrr... -bruch, -brüche.>>

Apologies for the unorthodox correction!  West Saxony has an unusual dialect
known as English.

<<Interesting. My uncle and I got into a small, rather empty quarry without
difficulty a few years ago, and we didn't see any other hobbyists...>>

According to my West Saxon understanding, Bavarian law regards disused
quarries as open for access as long as you don't break in.  Working quarries
are a different matter.  That can leave a grey area, as it may not be clear
whether work has ceased or merely paused.  It's advisable to get permission
for entry from the landowner but not necessarily practical.  If you don't
know who that is, you can't ask them.