Re: Solnhofen quarrying pattern

In article <0f1e01c5b90d$a3f9fcf0$0100a8c0@yourynxza5usuu>, K and T Dykes
wrote:
> Anyway, they'd already filmed some dynamite at Portland.  More
> would've been greedy.

       No, not greedy, simply necessary. Mad Nigel in my caving club is from
Portland - he'd have got you more of "Dr Nobel's Linctus for excessively
tight caves." <basil>Boom Boom!</basil>

> <<The local maps mark a number of areas as being for "hobbysteinbrukken",
>
> Signs generally read 'Hobbysteinbruck' (pl. Hobbysteinbrücke).

       My maps are in a box in the parent's cellar. My German is even more
marginal than my Russian <G>.

> Theoretically, you have to
> spend a night in the town to qualify for access.  Maps are available from
> the hotelier, but they're very likely some years old.

       Camping at Pappenheim probably doesn't count.

> The situation is different towards Eichstätt.

       Didn't visit Eichstatt. Just wanted to do some walking and rock
hounding. Pick up an Archy. Usual minor holiday ambitions - after all I
hadn't had a booked holiday since 1991, and all I got from that was a piece
of indupitible monadnockite.

> (The
> dragon flies are wonderful at the right time of year, as you can go out to
> the pond and watch some of their counterparts.  Beautiful.)

       I'd completely forgotten about them. Very pleasent walking back
alongside the river in the evening.

> Solnhofen
> http://www.geocities.com/trevor_dykes/solnhofen.htm
> There really is a boat hire company called Lemmings.

       No! [sound FX : beating head against brick wall.]

--
 Aidan Karley,
 Aberdeen, Scotland,