Marshall Lambert

I'm taking the liberty  of forwarding this from the vrtpaleo list. Marshall
Lambert was the nucleus of  an enthusiastic group of amateurs in Elkalaka. They
were the discoverers of the  skull of Pachycephalosaurus, which they donated
to the American Museum of  Natural History. When I was a kid I dreamed of
going to high school there where  the extraciricular activity was prospecting
the
Hell Creek exposures with  Marshall Lambert. DV

<< The following news comes  from Joseph Hartman (University of North Dakota)
and is forwarded at his  request.

Marshall Lambert died September 9, 2005, in Ekalaka, Montana. He  was laid to
rest Monday, September 12, 2005. A memorial has been established in  his name
at the Carter County Museum. Mail can be addressed to his son, Brice
Lambert, in Ekalaka, Montana, 59324 (no street or box address). Marshall was
honored
by the Pioneer Trails Regional Museum (banquet), the Society of  Vertebrate
Paleontology (by declaration), and the Paleontological Society  (Strimple
Award) for his long service to amateur-advocation paleontology,  assistance to
many
professional paleontologists, and making the Carter County  Museum the place
that it is today. >>