Re: Marshall Lambert

The Carter County museum in Ekalaka is a spectacular place. I was just up there last fall. If you have not been there, it is time to be surprised. Ekalaka Montana is just a little country town in far eastern Montana but Hell Creek surrounds the place and some other tremendous specimens in addition to the Pachy skull at the AMNH have been found near there. There is a tric skull in it's prepared splendor in one corner. Most spectacular is the completely articulated Hadrosaur display in another corner. They are not behind a glass wall and you can literally reach out and touch one. Numerous other fossils decorate the halls as well as being in a unique stone building with a character all to it's own. Remember, this impressive display is in a town of less than 500 inhabitants. Before the museum was established by Marshall, most of the specimens were stored in the country High Schools basement. Marshall Lambert was a cornerstone to collecting, recovering and preserving vertebrate treasures in the west. I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Regarding the lack of street address. It will get there as there are only a dozen or so streets in the town and the post master knows everyone. Welcome to small town Montana.
Frank Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming