Re: T.Rex Feather Skepticism

Well, it seems we have a pretty clear "rule" here. Extant avians with
altricial young all seem to nest in places that are difficult to
reach: either vertically elevated (trees, cliffsides) or
geographically isolated (islands, Antarctica).

I was wondering if this "rule" might be applicable more broadly to
other dinosaurs. _Maiasaura peeblesorum_, a ground-nesting
ornithischian, is supposed to have had altricial young, but, IIRC,
aren't the fossilized nests located on an ancient island?

Is the altriciality/precociality of any other non-avian (crown group)
dinosaur known?

—Mike Keesey