Re: sauropods: homotherm,heterotherm or gigantotherm?

Please, everyone, refrain from using the Reply All button. I mean... it's clearly the least of my current problems, but I got two copies of every mail in that thread...

Try swim... It costs more energy than walk or run in air.

Are you sure those numbers don't include the basal metabolic rate???

> The "creodont" *Megistotherium* (literally "biggest beast") is said to
> have been bigger, and carnivorous (unlike the herbivorous cave bear).
> Then there's *Andrewsarchus*...

How much bigger? About the size of a, let's say, _Deinosuchus_?

No. But then *D.* counts as semiaquatic.