Re: sauropods: homotherm,heterotherm or gigantotherm?

<Please, everyone, refrain from using the Reply All button. I mean... it's
clearly the least of my current problems, but I got two copies of every mail in
that thread...>

  There are several good reasons to reply to both the original sender and to
the participating list, by using the CC or BCC fields (carbon-copy and blind
carbon-copy, respectively). (Not all emailers have a "reply all" button,
either, and mine doesn't.)

  1. Due courtesy to send a copy to the person you are replying to.
  2. It allows the corresponder to reply before the list sees the message.
  3. It allows a person to view the message even if it's not part of
correspondence, in that it may be of interest to them and they can see whom
else is receiving the message, in order to further correspond should they
choose.

  This will, for some, result in duplicate emails. This is a matter that may
permit the receivers extra time to delete emails they've seen, but it may give
them a chance to reply personally and then publically to a person, and keep the
two messages distinct. Thus I will continue to do this as a matter of course
for the resons outlined above. In so doing, when replying on this list, my
"reply to:" field is listed for the respondant, i.e. in this case David, and I
will place that email into the "CC:" field and readdress the "To:" field to the
DML. This makes it more time consuming for me, but I do this as an act of
courtesy, not to inundate someone's email box.

  I hope this email explains someone's reasons satisfactorily.

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

http://mail.yahoo.com