Re: sauropods: homotherm,heterotherm or gigantotherm?

In article <8b3c185c05091410416f410952@mail.gmail.com>, Roberto Takata
wrote:
> In the water we have huge ectotherms like whale-shark...
>
> On the other hand, mammals carnivores never gotten so big - the
> biggest is the killer whale with more or less 5 tonnes.

       So ... by deduction, blue whales are vegetarians and krill are
plants not crustaceans ? Hmmm, major re-organisation of taxonomy there
which some people would find rather controversial. As plants, are krill
more closely related to the fungi than other plants, and do any other
plants have comparable mobility and speed of environmental reaction?

--
 Aidan Karley,
 Aberdeen, Scotland,