The (brain)case is closed? (Re: Burpee Conference)

Tom, Ken,
So, no chance that this is ontogenetic?
Do any extant reptiles remodel the inside of their braincase as they age?
What does the inside of the Burpee head look like, compared to the
holotype?
Is there a wide variation in morphology on the inside of the braincases
of adult T. rexes?

I presume that the hypothesis is that as baby T. rexes age, their sensory
apparati would change, because their prey/hunting regime changes as they
get bigger.  Optic lobes would shrink (proportionally, not literally) or
enlarge and olfactory lobes do the same (possibly in reverse compared to
the optic lobes).  The brain stem may have been proportionally bigger in
T. rex babies, perhaps because of activity/coordination differences
between the young and the adults.

CAT scans of soft tissue (brains) show that morphology differences are
quite significant between baby and adult mammals, particularly in the
highly altricial ones like primates.

<pb>
--