From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Richard W. Travsky
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:01 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Question For Those Of You Who Are Museum Workers

Museum workers in America, I guess, to be more specific...

Not tying to start a debate here, but was a tad shocked by the following
item. Just curious if you've encountered this; you can reply to me off
list if you want.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/index.php?feed=Science&article=UPI-1-20050920-12510900-bc-us-evolution.xml

WASHINGTON, Sept. 20 (UPI) -- U.S. museums are preparing for increasingly
vocal challenges to evolution exhibits, including those of the
Washington-based National Science Foundation.

Museum lecturers and docents say they are being frequently confronted by
small groups of creationists eager to vocally challenge evolution, The New
York Times reported Tuesday.

As a result, an increasing number of museums are training their staff in
methods of dealing with people who reject long-settled precepts of science
on religious grounds.

The National Science Foundation, sponsoring evolution-themed exhibits at
six museums of natural history across the nation, includes training for
docents and staff members in how to respond to creationists.