Re: Cladistics for Linux

In article <20050921084212.ADA9343F9A@localhost.localdomain>, Mike
Taylor wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Linux program for doing cladistic analyses?
> Thanks.

       One of the UK Linux mags did a feature on Linux in
bioinformatics a year or so ago, which I *think* included references to
one or more cladistics programs. Trouble is, that mag long since went
the way of all dead trees.

       Googling I rapidly came up with a list of "parsimony" programs
which would seem in the direction you're looking for (from
http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/software.html#Unix
excluding ones not listed as having source available, on the assumption
that if you can get the source, you can make it work on Linux):
    * PAUP*
    * PHYLIP
    * Phylo_win
    * sog