Re: Tyrannosaur stuff

On 9/26/05, Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This is interesting, given that there is currently no evidence that the
> small-bodied tyrannosauroids survived into the Late Cretaceous (unless
> _Itemirus_ is a tyrannosauroid - and even this critter lived much earlier
> than the big-ass tyrannosaurids of the Campano-Maastrichtian).

I'm not sure where the cut-off between "small-bodied" and "big-ass"
is, but _Alectrosaurus olseni_, _Alioramus remotus_, and _Dryptosaurus
aquilunguis_ were smaller than any tyrannosaurines, and not terribly
larger than EK tyrannosauroids. (Errr, unless _A. olseni_ or _A.
remotus_ are tyrannosaurine ... what is the latest on that?)

--
Mike Keesey
The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com