Re: Everything you know about the Iren Dabasu age is (right)

Palynomorphs still have big advantages: they occur
in exorbitant numbers,

Not in Mongolia; they are practically nonexistent there.

Strange... if even keratin is occasionally preserved there...

It's indicative of a Maastrichtian age _and a
certain environment_.

It occurs in fluvial environments from North America to Omnogov to China.

Which fluvial environments?

Rivers become braided when there's no vegetation that could consolidate the soil. This lets me suppose that the Iren Dabasu environment was a rather dry affair, probably with only seasonal rivers.

>> The magnetostratigraphy mentioned in the above
>> abstract suggests that the Barun Goyot, Djadoktha
>> and Nemegt Formations are all upper Campanian-
>> Lower Maastrictian in age,
>
> This makes no sense; they couldn't be
> contemporaneous.

Nobody said they were.

Yes they did, see above, supposedly they are ALL upper Campanian-lower Maastrichian in age. Supposedly they all spanned the same chrons.

I read this differently. I interpret it as "they all fit within the interval from the upper CMP to the lower MAA", not as "they all span that whole interval" (which would BTW be a bit much... well over 5 million years!).