Daanosaurus revisited

_Daanosaurus_ is the name of a new sauropod from China (and also the way a Texan would pronounce "Dinosaurus").

Ye, Y., Gao, Y.-H., and Jiang, S. 2005. A new genus of sauropod from Zigong, Sichuan. Vertebrata PalAsiatica 43:175-181.

David Marjanovic wrote:

> New "bellusaurine" brachiosaurid, _Daanosaurus zhangi_ from the Upper Jurassic of Sichuan. > [...] Reportedly a juvenile individual.

Why else would it be "bellusaurine"!

The paper is not so helpful in this regard, given that (a) I can't read Chinese and (b) the English abstract provides only a list of vague characters as "diagnostic" for the genus. The specimen (ZDM0193) is very small; the figured posterior dorsal vertebra is only 8cm long. David, you may be right: the characters linking _Bellusaurus_ and _Daanosaurus_ may be juvenile sauropod traits.

Cheers

Tim