Re: "Oxygen Helped Mammals Grow, Study Finds"

In article <BAY101-F36EC0BF3508ADDB6BB03B0988F0@phx.gbl>, Tim Williams
wrote:
> This may be a daft question, but I had heard/read that oxygen levels were
> relatively high during the Permian.  This allowed large flying insects
> (_Meganeura_) to thrive during this period, owing to the higher oxygen
> tension in the atmosphere.

       The combustibility of organics is quite sensitive to ppO2. [Well
established in sat.diving, by body count.] I would think this has potential
for fossil record implications.

--
 Aidan Karley,
 Aberdeen, Scotland,