Controversial Patterson "Diatryma footprint" slab has been moved

Attention Foot People!  Just a short heads-up.

While attending a geology brown bag seminar at Western Washington
University a month ago, I happened to pass a familiar large slab of rock
sitting on a pallet out in the hallway.  I soon recognized the slab as
the possibly faked "Diatryma" footprint that was collected from the Puget
Group (Eocene, Flaming Geyser State Park site) in the Washington Cascades
foothills. Aka, the "Patterson print."

The "footprint" was previously stored out of sight in the Burke Museum in
Seattle.  It's curatorial status has now been demoted to a hallway in the
geology dept. at WWU in Bellingham, WA.  This may be its permanent
resting place.

If you are in the area, stop by and check it out.  It's sitting in the
2nd floor hallway in the Environmental Studies building (visitors welcome
during class hours).

<pb>
--
Former White House Hunter Safety instructor
Recently appointed as the new Danish Ambassador to Iran