Re: parthenogenetically derived reptile offspring

"franklin e. bliss" wrote:
> Shades of Jurassic Park as in "Life will Find a Way."  I always doubt
> the total accuracy of BBC stories even more than most press reports.
> None the less, this is applicable to this list.
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6196225.stm

There's a species of introduced gecko (Heteronotia binoei) here in
Australia that comprises entirely of females. Apparently their
Indonesian relatives still enjoy the occasional 'menage a deux' though.
Michael Kearney has written quite a bit on the subject.

Dann Pigdon
Melbourne, Australia        http://heretichides.soffiles.com