[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]

Theropod Database Christmas update

Just in time for the holidays, I've updated my website. Note it's been moved to http://staff.washington.edu/eoraptor/Home.html .

I added Agnostiphys and Chindesaurus to the theropod cladogram, after Yates' recent Eucnemosaurus paper. Dracovenator, "Tyrannosaurus" "lanpingensis", Allosaurus europaeus, Juravenator, Saurornitholestes robustus, Tsaagan, Cerebavis, Elsornis, Dalingheornis, Archaeorhynchus and Asiahesperornis have all been added. Portuguese Ceratosaurus and Torvosaurus specimens were updated (Mateus et al., 2006). Megalosaurid material was updated and Spinosaurus size was reconsidered (it's smaller; due to discussions with an author of the new snout). Mirischia was moved to Tyrannosauroidea (Naish online, 2004). Tyrannosauroidea was completely reworked, largely after Carr's (2005) incredibly detailed thesis. Extensive information on Tarbosaurus and Tyrannosaurus was added, including specimen details. Hebeiornis was made a senior synonym of Vescornis, based on my DML analysis. Enantiornithes phylogeny is slightly changed (Chiappe et al., 2006), but is still largely a placeholder. Neornithine phylogeny was expanded. I've also started redesigning the format for taxon entries to show the formations individual specimens were discovered in, which involves bolding the locality data in order to increase readability. Only some taxa (e.g. tyrannosaurines) are updated in this manner at the moment.

Mickey Mortimer