From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf
Of david peters
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:19 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Pterorhynchus dewlap

DMLer Cliff Green kindly sent a photo of a life model of the pterosaur
Pterorhynchus created by Czerkas. Noteworthy is that giant wattle/dewlap
hanging to mid chest.

I guess with that we can toss out all thoughts of pterosaurs trying to
reduce drag through streamlining.

Something else seems to be more important --  at least to this one.

David Peters
St. Louis