Re: Single origin for venoms of Toxicofera: now officially published

I think this came up as a result of hesitation when Fry et al.s pre-published their
results, and a later, yet fully published, paper presented their results in a
more phylogenetic perspective, replete with taxonomy.

That is a completely different paper. The one in today's Nature doesn't include any names like Toxicofera; it describes the venom and the venom glands, not the phylogeny.

Nature has not responded to my request for clarification for some time,

Well, now it is clear :-)

and I may need to mail them again for a resolution because of
the _Dakosaurus_ "mosasaur-like" species issue that came up earlier.

That was Science, not Nature.