Re: Pterorhynchus dewlap

--- "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   However, it would be interesting if there was any
> primary data to support
> this conclusion, but there doesn't seem to be any.
> The holotype specimen of
> *Pterorhynchus wellnhoferi* has a huge slab of
> matrix broken off the
> counterpart and adhering to the mainpart in JUST
> precisely this area. If anyone
> would justify it with "But you can't tell me it's
> _not_ there!" I would laugh.

Hey Jaime,

I found this .pdf pamphlet for the Feathered Dinosaurs
Exhibit, it contains a few photos of the Jehol
critters as well as some of Czerkas' models. Page
three has a photo of the Pterorhynchus holotype but
under, what appears to be UV lighting. You can see
much more of the skull bones and the dewlap. The
dewlap honestly looks more like a "feather" beard of
sorts than a pelican pouch. I don't know if this
photo was published in the book or not, I don't have
it and its not among any of the figures I've been
given. I wish I a had a larger version of it though.

http://www.dinosaur-museum.org/featheredinosaurs/exhibit.pdf

Cheers,
Christopher Collinson