Re: Pterorhynchus dewlap

Chris,

  I noticed the long flat, feathery strand above the skull, and I have doubts
that thing is part of the specimen at hand or even, in this case, animal. It
looks like a frond or a leaf to me, rather than anything else. It's also
projecting up and dorsal to the skeleton itself, in the same direction as the
recovered cranial crest. The undersides of the jaw are poorly presrved and that
chunk of displaced slab on the main part is obscerng much of this data, as well
as the fact that the posterior skull seems to be buried under a slight layer of
matrix. The skull is surrounded by what appear to be scattered seeds, but these
look to be opn the layer of sediment ABOVE the skeleton, so I doubt their
influence on the specimen as well.

  Thanks for the pdf, btw.

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden