Re: DINOSAUR digest 3467

>  31) RE: Oviraptor=Parrot?

Interesting topic of research would be detailed
analysis of skull of Oviraptor. Several years ago
analysis of skull of Gastrornis/Diatryma showed, that
it was adapted to stresses much bigger than required
for cracking nuts, and differently acting, so creature
was, indeed, a predator.

Also hand and finger mobility of oviraptorids would be
interesting. I wonder if hand was mobile and grasping,
or like Archeopteryx, a kind of proto-wing with only
claws free, useless for anything but display.

Myself I always imagined Oviraptor as medium-sized
sprinting predator, similar to cheetah.

Jerzy