RE: Oviraptorids as Parrots?

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:48:01 -0600, Tim Williams wrote

> A shark species commonly known as the 'sand tiger' (_Carcharias
> taurus_) has slender teeth, very much unlike the broad teeth of the
> tiger shark
> (_Galeocerdo cuvier_).

We call them 'grey nurse' sharks here in Oz. Being mostly fish eaters, they
have mouths full of long slender teeth that are good for catching fish, but
extremely inefficient at penetrating testudinate shells. :)

> Sand tigers are one of the most docile of shark species...

I'd have thought so too - except that 'sand tigers' are apparently in the top
ten species of sharks as far as attacks on humans go (there've even been a
surprising number of fatalities). Perhaps because of their generally assumed
docile nature, divers may be more willing to get closer to these sharks than
most. I believe that nearly all attacks on humans are the result of (real or
perceived) self defence, rather than deliberate predation.

Um.... dinosaurs...? :)

Dann Pigdon