Re: DINOSAUR digest 3478

--- dinosaur@usc.edu wrote:

> It's an intriguing and interesting study, but I wish
> they'd selected a
> different title.  "Were mammals originally
> venomous?"  As I can't see any
> particular reason for thinking so, the parsimonious
> answer appears to be:
> probably not.

I think it is another example of rather interesting
paleontological finding which is bloated out of
proportion.

When paleontologist X finds a coprolite, he writes a
paper that dinosaurs died out of indigestion. Then his
colleague Y finds nothing and writes a paper that
dinosaurs died out of constipation. ;-)

J.