RE: New & Slightly Old-ish Papers

I also found the following listings for the event as well as a
preliminary program (note the Chiappe presentation) :

KRIWET, J. & KLUG, S. 2005b. New information on sharks, skates, and rays
from the Upper Jurassic lithographic limestones of southern Germany. -
Zitteliana, B26: 19-20 (Abstracts for 4th International Symposium on
Lithographic Limestone and Plattenkalk).

KLUG, S. & KRIWET, J. 2005c. Synechodontiform sharks (Chondrichthyes,
Neoselachii) from the Upper Jurassic lithographic limestones of southern
Germany. - Zitteliana, B26: 18 (Abstracts for 4th International
Symposium on Lithographic Limestone and Plattenkalk).

Preliminary Programme

Monday, 12 September 2005, pre-conference fieldtrips A and B

A: "Platform-Basin-transitions in Upper Jurassic Limestones and
Dolomites of the Northern Franconian Alb". (guide: R. Koch); departure
in Eichstätt at Leonrodplatz, 12 September, 7:30 a.m., returning around
9 p.m.

B "East Bavarian Plattenkalk" (Ebenswies, Brunn, Painten, Hienheim,
Zandt, Pfalzpaint) (guide: M. Röper); departure in Eichstätt at
Leonrodplatz, 12 September, 8:00 a.m., returning around 6:30 p.m.

Tuesday, 13 September 2005, pre-conference fieldtrip C

"Solnhofen / Eichstätt", (Museum Bergér, Blumenberg, Schernfeld,
Torleite, Solnhofen, Mörnsheim, Langenaltheim) (guide: M. Röper);
departure in Eichstätt at Leonrodplatz, 13 September, 8:00 a.m.,
returning around 6 p.m.

7 to about 10 p.m. Icebreaker-Party at the Jura-Museum Eichstätt (in the
castle "Willibaldsburg")

14.-16. September: Oral and poster presentations in the Bishop's
Seminary Eichstätt "Collegium Willibaldinum" (use door to the right of
the church "Schutzengelkirche" at Leonrodplatz).

The collection of the Jura-Museum Eichstätt is open from 12. to 15.
September 8-12 a.m./1-4 p.m. and on 16. September 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
(please announce your visit beforehand by e-mail to
symposium@jura-museum.de or contact the conference office).

Wednesday, 14. September (Topics 2 and 4)

The conference office opens at  8:00 a.m.

9:00 Welcome addresses

9:30 Introductory presentation by Viohl, G.: Geology of the Southern
Franconian Alb- the region of the classical Solnhofen Lithographic
Limestone

10:30-11:00 Coffee break

11:00 Oral presentation (2) Schweigert, G.: Ammonite biostratigraphy as
a tool for dating Upper Jurassic Lithographic Limestones from South
Germany - first results and open questions

11:20 Oral presentation (4) Bausch, W.M.: Revision of the age
relationships of Maxberg/Solnhofen

11:40 Oral presentation (2) Tintori, A. & Lombardo, Ch.: The Middle
Triassic vertebrate levels in the Western Tethys: are fossil fishes
useful for biostratigraphy?

12:00 to 13:30 Lunch

13:30 Oral presentation (2) Papazzoni, C.A. & Trevisani, E.: New data
about the age and palaeoenvironment of the "Pesciara di Bolca"
fossil-lagerstätte.

13:50 Oral presentation (4) Bausch, W.M.: Geochemical position of the
Franconian plattenkalks

14:20 Poster (2) Jurkovšek, B. & Kolar-Jurkovšek, T.: Fossil assemblages
from the Upper Cretaceous carbon rich sediments of Kras, Slovenia

14:25 Poster (2) Zeiss, A., Schulbert, Ch. & Viohl, G.: The ammonites
from Schamhaupten, near Riedenburg - an interesting faunal association
at the boundary Upper Kimmeridgian/Lower Tithonian.

14:30 Coffee break

15:10 - ca. 17:00 Guided tour through Eichstätt

Evening: Reception in Solnhofen. Departure of shuttle bus at 6 p.m. on
Leonrodplatz

Thursday, 15. September (Topic 3)

9:00 Announcements

9:10 Oral presentation Keupp, H.: Complete ammonoid jaw apparatusses
from the Solnhofen Plattenkalks: implications for aptychi function and
microphage feeding of ammonoids

9:30 Oral presentation Burnham, D.A.: The Paleoecology of Archaeopteryx
- a reevaluation

9:50 Oral presentation Billon-Bruyat, J.-P.: Comparison of the tetrapod
assemblages from Late Jurassic Plattenkalk deposits of Western Europe

10:10 Poster Carannante, G., Signore, M., Simone, L. & Vigorito, M.:
Vertebrate-fossil rich plattenkalk of Pietraroia (Southern Appennines,
Italy). A sedimentological and taphonomical approach.

10:15 Coffee break

10:45 Oral presentation Marty, D.: Sedimentology and taphonomy of
dinosaur track-bearing Plattenkalke (Kimmeridgian, Canton Jura,
Switzerland)

11:05 Oral presentation Dietl, G. & Schweigert G.: The upper
Kimmeridgian Nusplingen Plattenkalk (W Swabian Alb, SW Germany)

11:25 Oral presentation Fürsich, F., Mäuser, M., Schneider, S. & Werner,
W.: Sedimentology and palaeoecology of laminated limestones from the
Kimmeridgian of the northern Franconian Alb (southern Germany)

11:45 Oral presentation Viohl, G. & Zapp, M.: Schamhaupten, an
Outstanding Fossil-Lagerstätte in a Silicified Plattenkalk
(Kimmeridgian-Tithonian Boundary, Southern Franconian Alb, Bavaria)

12:05 to 13:30 Lunch

13:30 Oral presentation Brito, P.M.: The Lower Cretaceous Crato
Formation's Ichthyofauna (Araripe Basin, Northeastern Brazil)

13:50 Oral presentation Koch R.: New data on sedimentology of Upper
Jurassic carbonate rocks from the Southern Franconian Alb

14:10 Poster Weiss, Ch., Koch, R. & Hua, H.W.: Diagenesis of thin bedded
carbonate rocks in the Cambro-Ordovician sequences of the North China
carbonate platform

14:15 Poster Skawińska J: Development of Jurassic basin of the Miechów
Trough in terms of paleohydrodynamic reconstruction

14:20 Poster Tischlinger, H.: Ultraviolet light investigations of
fossils from the Upper Jurassic Plattenkalks of Southern Franconia

14:25 Coffee break

14:55 Oral presentation Tintori, A., Bona, F. & Zorzin, R.: Bolca
(Eocene, Verona) fossils under a new light

15:15 Oral presentation Micklich, N: The Fish Fauna of Messel Pit: Rule
or Exception?

15:35-15:50 Announcement by N. Micklich: Messel on Tour - Special
Exhibit with Eocene Treasures from World Heritage Monument Messel Pit

16:00 possibility to visit the lithography-workshop in Eichstätt

19:00 Conference Dinner at the Bishop's Seminary

Friday, 16. September (Topic 1 and 5)

9:00 Announcements

9:10 Oral presentation (1) Wellnhofer P. & Röper M.: The ninth specimen
of Archaeopteryx from Solnhofen

9:30 Oral presentation (1) Bennett, S.Ch.: A review of Ctenochasma:
taxonomy and ontogeny

9:50 Poster (1) Rusconi, M., Lombardo, Ch. & Tintori, A.: New
colobodontid (Actinopterygians) from the Carnian (Late Triassic) of
northern Italy.

9:55 Poster (1) Klug, St. & Kriwet, J.: Occurrence and diversity of
palaeospinacid sharks (Neoselachii, Synechodontiformes) from the Upper
Jurassic lithographic limestones of South Germany.

10:00 Poster (1) Kriwet, J. & Klug, St.: Late Jurassic carpetsharks
(Neoselachii, Orectolobiformes) from South Germany.

10:05 Poster (1) Klug, Ch., Schweigert, G., Dietl, G. & Fuchs, D.:
Coleoid beaks from the Nusplingen lithographic limestone (Late
Kimmeridgian, SW Germany).

10:10 Coffee break

10:40 Oral presentation (1) Chiappe, L.M. & Göhlich, U.: A new theropod
dinosaur from the Upper Jurassic limestones of Schamhaupten (Bavaria,
Germany)

11:00 Oral presentation (1) Gaillard, Ch.: Recent and Fossil Chelonian
Kingdoms

11:20 Oral presentation (1) Fuchs, D.: Coleoid cephalopods from the
lithographic limestones of Hâqel (Lebanon) - a comparison with Solnhofen
(Germany)

11:40 Poster (1) Garassino, A.,  De Angeli, A. & Schweigert, G.:
Brachyurans from the Upper Jurassic of Pfalzpaint and Breitenhill
(Bavaria, S Germany)

11:45 Poster (1) Garassino, A. & Schweigert, G.: The Upper Jurassic
Solnhofen Decapod Crustacean Fauna: Review of the types from old
descriptions

11:50 Poster (1) Schweigert, G. & Garassino, A.: The lobster genus
Squamosoglyphea Beurlen, 1930 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Glypheidae) in the
Upper Jurassic lithographic limestones of southern Germany

11:55 to 13:30 Lunch

13:30 Oral presentation (1) Arratia G.: The contribution of late
Jurassic fishes from Germany to understand the evolutionary history of
teleosts

13:50 Oral presentation (5) Ifrim, Ch., Stinnesbeck, W. & Frey, E.:
Upper Cretaceous (Cenomanian-Turonian and Turonian-Coniacian) open
marine Plattenkalk-Deposits in NE Mexico.

14:10 Oral presentation (5) Koch R.: Characteristics of Solnhofen
monument stones

14:30 conclusions, afterwards coffee break

15:30 guided tour through the natural history collections of the
Bishop's Seminary (1 hour)

Saturday/Sunday, 17./18. September, post-conference fieldtrip D

"Plattenkalk deposits of western Swabia" (Nusplingen, Kolbingen, valley
of the Danube), (guide: G. Schweigert); departure in Eichstätt at
Leonrodplatz, 17 September, 8:00 a.m., returning the next day around 6
p.m.