Re: Yet more fun with squamate phylogeny

The teeth look like a boa's.

What do you mean by that, precisely?

Madtsoiidae is mentioned to be "presumed to be constrictors ecologically analogous to living pythons and boas", followed by a long string of references. Don't ask me why they co-occurred with pythons, then...

They could be analogous in many ways to pythons and still co-occur with them. Pythons co-occur with each other, after all. Or did the authors specifically suggest some sort of replacement phenomenon?

Thanks for the post, I'll read the paper this afternoon; quite exciting!

Cheers,

--Mike Habib