Re: AAAS dino meeting

Unfortunately, a subscription is required to read the article.

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 Ken.Carpenter@dmns.org wrote:

Dinosaur researchers have come a long way over the past five years -
fleshing out fossilised bones with details of their soft tissues,
biochemistry and behaviour.

For example the best known dinosaur, Tyrannosaurus rex, turns out to
have had remarkably well developed senses of sight, smell, hearing and
balance - all consistent with its reputation as a fearsome predator.

The leading dinosaur researchers in the US gathered at the American
Association for the Advancement of Science meeting to "answer questions
that we would not even have thought of asking a few years ago," as Jack
Horner of Montana State University put it.

Rest of story:
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/6a8f7f04-9ff2-11da-a703-0000779e2340.html

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Chief Preparator