From: Ivan Kwan <dino_rampage@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: How Did Hadrosaurs Defend Their Young?
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 04:27:58 +0800

I would think mobbing by several adults would be enough to deter a tyrannosaur from attacking. And if it was still insistent, maybe those front legs could be used for boxing? Or perhaps the hadrosaur's means of defence was to slam its body into the predator? The risk of broken ribs or falling over and getting trampled would probably dissuade a tyrannosaur. Of course, if tyrannosaurs hunted in packs, that could get quite complicated.

I had an idea that maybe hadrosaurs nested together with ceratopsians as a means of defence, but that seems unlikely.