Next Good Dinosaur News Likely To Come From Small Packages

Next Good Dinosaur News Likely To Come From Small Packages
Dinosaurs seem bigger than life - big bones, big mysteries. So it's a
delicious irony that the next big answers about dinosaurs may come from
small - very small - remains.

"Molecules are fossils, too," said Michigan State University zoologist
Peggy Ostrom. "We've shown that proteins survive in very old fossils,
and proteins can tell us about diseases, about where prehistoric animals
fit in the food chain, what they ate and who they are related to."

Rest of story:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/02/060220102415.htm

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Chief Preparator