Re: horned dino book

Excellent book, as far as I'm concerned.  Dodson's style of writing is
easy to read; not overly technical, but not too simplistic, either.
Dodson does a good job at interpreting nearly every paper on
ceratopsians written to the date of publishing (1997-ish?), in the
context of each genus.  In fact, that's what I find this book does
best -- summarize the history of each known ceratopsian taxon.  It's a
nice place to start before diving into the formal literature.
I find myself refering to this book often in my ceratopsian studies.
Still, the Hatcher and Lull monographs are the place to turn if you're
looking for osteological descriptions.

--
Jordan Mallon

BScH, Carleton University
Vertebrate Palaeontology & Palaeoecology

http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Mallon
MSN Messenger: j_mallon@hotmail.com