Re: Rigid dinosaurs

> Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:15:27 -0700
> From: "Jerry D. Harris" <jharris@dixie.edu>
>
> Nuchal ligaments appear to be derived from supraspinous ligaments.
> Only SOME mammals have a true nuchal ligament; no non-mammalian
> animal, including birds, has one.

What about _Rhea_, as figured and discussed by Tsuihiji 2004?  Are you
saying that you don't consider that to be "nuchal" because it's
derived from the Lig. elasticum interspinale rather than
Lig. elasticum supraspinale?

)_v__/\  "The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our
         enemies; probably because they are generally the same people"
         -- G. K. Chesterton.

--

Tsuihiji, Takanobu.  2004.  The ligament system in the neck of _Rhea
americana_ and its implication for the bifurcated neural spines of