Re: specimen numbers

At 05.15 28/02/2006 -0800, you wrote:
I have a little bit of info on Shangtangosaurus.
The type composite skeleton (from a quarry with ?5 individuals) is mounted in the National
Geological Musuem of China with a catalogue number of (V 1780). One paper i've seen (in chinese)
says (GMV 1780-2).
Sorry, i don't have any info on Tanius.

I've almost the same data:
for Shantungosaurus giganteus the type specimen is GMV 1780-1, the paratype is GMV 1780-2, and the composite mounted skeleton is indicated with a generic GMV V 1780. In no-one books that I have is indicated the type specimen number of the type species of Tanius, T. sinensis

Marco

MARCO AUDITORE
Via S.Giovanni Battista, 7/23
16154 GENOVA SESTRI P. - ITALY
Tel: +39-010-6044259
E-mail: maaudito@tin.it
Web-Page: http://www.studiotsunami.it/minmi/index.htm

"Volunteer of Museo Paleontologico Cittadino, Monfalcone"
Museum Web-Page: http://www.museomonfalcone.it