RE: Adamantisaurus, new titanosaur in January 2006 Palaeontology

<Presumably "diamond lizard". Adamant = diamond. Hence, adamantium = a
fictional remarkably strong metal.

Happy New Year, everybody!

               Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.>

Thanks for the insight. Jaime A. Headden pointed out that it's from the Adamantina Formation. Is it possible the formation itself was named for diamonds? Or am I off in my own little world like everyone tells me? ;-)
Tommy Bradley

PS: I've got one more! "Adam Ant lizard," the discoverers were listening to 80's new wave during the discovery. :-P