Yet More Last Papers of 05...

Hi All -

   A few last-minute tidbits squeaked by 'til now:

----------------

Nesbitt, S. 2005. Stratigraphy and tetrapod fauna of major quarries in the Moenkopi Formation (Early-Middle Triassic) along the Little Colorado River of northern Arizona; pp. 18-33 in R. D. McCord (ed.), Vertebrate Paleontology of Arizona. Mesa Southwest Museum and Southwest Paleontological Society, Mesa.

Parker, W. G. 2005. Faunal review of the Upper Triassic Chinle Formation of Arizona; pp. 34-54 in R. D. McCord (ed.), Vertebrate Paleontology of Arizona. Mesa Southwest Museum and Southwest Paleontological Society, Mesa.

Irmis, R. B. 2005. A review of the vertebrate fauna of the Lower Jurassic Navajo Sandstone in Arizona; pp. 55-71 in R. D. McCord (ed.), Vertebrate Paleontology of Arizona. Mesa Southwest Museum and Southwest Paleontological Society, Mesa.

Tykoski, R. S. 2005. Vertebrate paleontology in the Arizona Jurassic; pp. 72-93 in R. D. McCord (ed.), Vertebrate Paleontology of Arizona. Mesa Southwest Museum and Southwest Paleontological Society, Mesa.

McCord, R. D. I., and D. D. Gillette. 2005. Cretaceous vertebrates of Arizona; pp. 94-103 in R. D. McCord (ed.), Vertebrate Paleontology of Arizona. Mesa Southwest Museum and Southwest Paleontological Society, Mesa.

------------------

Also, since I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, Curry Rogers & Wilson's book _The Sauropods_ is now out (I've actually had my copy for a little under a month, though I just started poring through it). See http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/9840.html. I haven't entered its chapters into my db yet, and the book's at home, so I can't list it for ya here, but it's got some good stuff in it, including an absolutely fabulous chapter by Matt Wedel on sauropod pneumaticity and mass estimates, a chapter by Stevens & Parrish on the whole "how to hold a sauropod neck" thing, and (drum roll, please) a cranial skeletal reconstruction of _Nigersaurus_. Darn thing looks like a freakin' nodosaur from the side!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Director of Paleontology
Dixie State College
Science Building
225 South 700 East
St. George, UT  84770   USA
Phone: (435) 652-7758
Fax: (435) 656-4022
E-mail: jharris@dixie.edu
and     dinogami@gmail.com
http://cactus.dixie.edu/jharris/

"And the role of George W. Bush will
be played by: Ralph Wiggum" -- Conan
O'Brien, during "Earth to America," in
listing the fictitious cast of an upcoming
TV movie about global warming.