Re: In the Mesozoic, no one can hear you scream.

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:15:02 +0100 David Marjanovic
<david.marjanovic@gmx.at> writes:
> > So what does this imply for the idea of squeaky little T.Rex
> chicks?
> > Maybe not so squeaky?

> Maybe more like hatchling crocs?

If I have some free time today, I'll run a baby 'gator-grunt sound bite
through my Raven Lite sound analysis program and see what the pattern
looks like.  But its pretty obvious that much of the grunt's spectrum is
of a lower in frequency than your run-of-the-mill squeak.

BTW, Raven Lite is available for free download at:
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/RavenLite/RavenLite.html

<pb>
--
"Am I crazy, Jerry?  Am I?  Or, I am SO sane that you just blew your
mind?!" - Kramer