From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Ken.Carpenter@dmns.org
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 12:58 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: sauropod lung collapse

testing is easy: stand vertically submerged in the deep end of a swimming
pool and use a snorkel with only 3 " above the water - you can hardly
breathe. Yet, your chest is only about 18" (or less) below the surface.

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology and Chief Preparator Department of
Earth Sciences Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205 USA

ph: 303-370-6392/ or 6403
fx: 303-331-6492

for PDFs of my reprints, info about the Cedar Mtn. Project, etc. see:
for fun, see also:
http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter