RE: AMNHY Publications Available

Odd.  I had no problems getting Novitates from the 1920's, 1930's.  I also got
one from 1998.  Did I cheat?

On a different note, I am pleased to see that some are offering old material for
free.  Even offering it for cheap would be a good bet.  For the Bambiraptor
paper, the university wants $10.00.  I know they throw in a brachiopod paper for
good measure, but still.  All together there are still only 29 pages involved.
Basically for a 14 page paper, I have to put out $10.00.  That's rather steep.
U of T has it, so I can photocopy it for $1.40.  Buying Novitates is even
reasonable.  I would really like to know why some organisations insist on
setting the prices so high (especially the online ones that want $30.00,
regardless of the size of paper).  I'll stop whining now.

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@sympatico.ca>

For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my web page at:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dinoguy/