Re: Giganotosaurus - with an all-star cast...

> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:57:40 +1100
> From: Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au>
>
> They worked a lot faster in the old(er) days. Longman only took two
> years from discovery to description for Rhoetosaurus (1924 to 1926),
> and only about one year for Austrosaurus (1932 to 1933).

... or did they?  Well, sometimes.  I am working on a specimen that
was discovered and excavated in the early 1930s, and has sat doing
nothing ever since.  With a trailing wind, the description might be
out in 2007.

)_v__/\  "I grow weak, I grow slack, as if she captured the breath of
         my voice in a bottle and I can't catch it back" -- Paul Simon,
         "She Moves On"