Re: Most abundant fossil dinosaur genera

These appear to be the usual suspects, though:

 - Protoceratops is common, but so is Psittacosaurus, if not more. Comparing
the two most abundant
species for each genus, P. andrewsi and P. mongoliensis, they both seem
(approx) equally as
abundant according to the Dinosauria. But abundance of specimens for some of
the other
Psittacosaurus species are quite good too. Incidently, have you read the
article in Nature about a
nest of Psittacosaurus (Meng et al 04 on parantal care).

 - how about adding Triceratops? Centrosaurus seems to be abundant in bone beds
in Dinosaur
Provincial park, but the Dinosauria II lists 15 skulls & several skeletons.
Triceratops is known
from more than 50 skulls, so bonebeds aside, individual occurences of
Triceratops seems to be
higher.

 - Coelophysis is known from many skeletons, most haven't been described in
detail. Coelophysis
has only seen 1 large monograph.

 - Years ago, I read in Horner's digging dinosaurs, that the Maiasaura bonebed
contained several
thousand individuals. The revised number in Dinosauria II is "more than 200
specimens''. Other
abundant hadrosaurs include Prosaurolophus (bonebed?) Saurolophus
angustirotris, Corythosaurus &
Lambeosaurus

 - Finally, i can't believe you didn't inlcude Plateosaurus or Massospondylus!