Re: sauropod necks

I'll chime in here and say that I too believe that Photoshop is great... I
took the Mamenchiasaurus and "fixed" it, with the end result being an angle
terribly similar to the quarry photo. I also performed Greg's trace and cut-out
method for CM 3018... and  I firmly planted the head in the ground. If I'm not
mistaken, Tracy Ford ended up with the same result in an article he did in
Prehistoric Times a while back (Sauropods, sticking their necks out:
Prehistoric
Times, n. 27, p. 34-36) on how to draw sauropod necks...

Of course, we are talking about a bunch of artists......

Kris
http://hometown.aol.com/saurierlagen/Paleo-Photography.html

In a message dated 1/12/2006 6:20:39 AM Alaskan Standard Time,
davidrpeters@earthlink.net writes:

> Last week I tested Stevens's illustrations of two sauropod necks and found
disarticulations, jams, kinks and a  possible transposition or two based on
better fits by playing the shell game with the verts. A better fit and a
smoother curve, like Greg says, can be found.

Photoshop is great.

David Peters
St. Louis <