What would Hitchcock have thought...?

Dinosaur-related, insofar as one lineage of theropods hunted our primate ancestors long after the K/T extinction...

(This report has been doing the rounds on the Internet, and this is just one version).

http://smh.com.au/news/science/stone-age-whodunit-is-solved/2006/01/13/1137118970126.html

"Stone Age whodunit is solved

A TWO-million-year-old murder mystery has been solved - and it reveals that our ancestors were hunted by huge birds of prey.

New research shows that one such bird killed the so-called Taung Child, whose ape-like skull, unearthed in South Africa in 1924, is famed as one of the most important human evolutionary finds."

The article will apparently feature in an upcoming issue of American Journal of Physical Anthropology, but it's not yet mentioned at the journal site.

Cheers

Tim