RE: The (long) future of paleontology

> A practical question: is there a known depth below
> ground where fossils
> could not be found?

Ask the Russians about this.  Their ultradeep Kola
Peninsula well found some odd forms of carbon below
six miles (I forget the exact depth).  On the other
hand, it may be a while before erosion reaches that
depth and exposes any remaining fossils.

There are also new forms of fossils being studied -
nannofossils are a prime example.

We'll probably have something to do for at least the
rest of the century.

Glen Ledingham

--- "W. F. Zimmerman, wfzimmerman.com"

 I assume that fossils could be