Re: What would Hitchcock have thought...?

On 1/15/06, Adrienne Mayor <Afmayor@aol.com> wrote:
> Ok, good point. But if not teratorns, which other Ice Age birds of
> prey would be capable of picking up a small child (either in talons
> or beak)? Or should we reject the new interpretation of the evidence
> in South Africa, reported in Am J of Phys Anthropology, that large
> birds apparentlypreyed on human ancestors?

Does it necessarily follow that an eagle must be able to carry its
prey? Can't it just kill it and begin eating it on the spot?

Another line of inquiry--this isn't just a small child, it's a small
child of a smaller species. How much did the Taung child weigh,
anyway?
--
Mike Keesey
The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com