Re: What would Hitchcock have thought...?

Do highly kinetic skulls in and of themselves prohibit applying significant force?>

I am relying here on the work of Campbell and Tonni, who published a number of articles in the 80's about teratorns and the kinesis of their skulls. It was their conclusion that the skulls were not strong enough to kill or dismember large prey and that teratorns were more likely to have swallowed smaller prey whole...

Ah, I follow. Thanks for the followup.

On a related note, I seem to recall reading a paper several years ago in which the skulls of hominoid infants were found (with talon punctures) amongst the remains of monkeys, hares, etc. thought to have accumulated via eagle feeding (ie. below a nest). Anyone happen to remember which paper I'm thinking of?

Thanks,

--Mike Habib