From: <Ken.Carpenter@dmns.org>
To: <dinoworld@msn.com>,<dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: RE: Plesiosaurs Necks
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:25:10 -0700

Well, what is a high rate of speed, and why do you assume they swam
fast? Considering how much interspinal ligament was probably present for
most of the neck (based on scars), it was (unlike the debate on sauropod
necks) a fairly rigid neck.

Ken

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D. Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology/ Chief Preparator Department of Earth Sciences Denver Museum of Nature & Science 2001 Colorado Blvd. Denver, CO 80205

Phone: 303-370-6392
Fax: 303-331-6492
Mountain Project: