Re: What would Hitchcock have thought...?

Rather doubtful. The Bald Eagle is the only sea eagle native to NW North
America and it is similar in size to the Golden Eagle. Occasionally a Steller's
Sea Eagle will stray into Alaskan waters from NE Asia. Steller's are the
largest sea eagles, attaining weights of nearly 20 lbs. If you plug that figure
into the carrying capacity equation, 4 lbs would be close to the max the bird
could lift.
Dingoes on the other hand...

DV

I was thinking of Steller's (Haliaeetus pelagicus). But apparently they do not make it into NA as often as I thought. I appreciate the correction.

Incidentally, how certain is it that the carrying capacity algorithm is (or should be) linear? Regardless, care should be taken in applying it: some eagles having lower wing loadings than the equation assumes.

--Mike Habib